This Saucy Zoodles with Vegan Parmesan dish is crazy yummy, crazy easy and crazy quick to make!
On to the dish:
Zucchini noodles: sweet, simple and delicious!
Marinara sauce: Your fave kind will do. Whether it is from a jar or homemade. The twist here is that when you are heating the sauce, you will be adding a couple tablespoons of hummus to it! Whaaat?? Yes! Adding protein and a creamy, garlicky richness.
Vegan “Parmesan”: Yum! Made with Cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic and sea salt. Nutritional yeast is packed with protein! Yay!! Add the protein from the cashews and you are sprinkling a little plant based protein power house of goodness on your meal! Keep the extra in the fridge and sprinkle on soups, salads, popcorn… everything!
I made this dish tonight for this blog posts photos and for tomorrow’s Channel 8’s Good Morning Ct at 9, Meatless Monday. As I was making it I was worrying if it might be a bit boring and maybe I should go with something else…
Then after photos I tasted it… then proceeded to scarf down the entire dish! I had forgotten how much I LOVE this dish!
I hope you like it as well!
Saucy Zoodles with Vegan “Parmesan”
2-3 Fresh zucchini
1-2 Tsp extra virgin olive oil
A jar of your favourite marinara sauce
2-3 Tbsp hummus
1 Cup raw cashews
4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 clove of garlic
1/2 Tsp sea salt
- Make Vegan “Parmesan” by adding garlic and cashews to the food processor. Pulse until finely ground.
- Add nutritional yeast and sea salt to cashew mix and pulse again until all finely ground.
- Set to the side
- Use spiraliser to make zucchini noodles.
- Sautéed zucchini noodles in 1-2 Tsp of olive oil over medium to medium/high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat marinara sauce in saucepan, add hummus and mix well.
- Plate up your Zoodles, top with hummus-y marinara sauce and then sprinkle with (ample amounts if you are like me) Vegan “parmesan”.
- Enjoy and come back for guilt free seconds!! ❤️
1 can chic peas drained and very well rinsed
1 clove if garlic
Juice of one lemon
2 Tbsp tahini
3/4- 1 Tsp sea salt
5 Tbsp olive oil (or more for consistency)
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend away.
- Check for consistency, add more olive oil if necessary.
- Check flavour, add more salt and or lemon juice to taste.
- This hummus rocks!