Here is the link below to Good Morning CT at 9 from Wednesday.
Always such a blast to be on Channel 8, everyone there is just awesome! This time I am very happy to share this super easy, super yummy recipe for Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Bites. They did not last in the studio for long after the show finished!😊
Just a couple things before we get to the recipe! On the show, I said these are vegan, the chocolate I used to make them on the show was vegan chocolate but just to clarify, if you use milk chocolate or white chocolate they will not actually be vegan. So, if anyone in your life is vegan or has issues with dairy, make sure you use dairy-free vegan chips.
Also they are gluten-free, as long as you choose gluten-free oats.
There, that should about cover it!
I will carry on the the recipe. Please try them and tell me what you think!!
1 Cup ground oats
3 Tbsp peanut butter
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
3 Medjool dates
1 Tsp vanilla
1/8 Tsp salt
1 Tbsp coconut oil (liquid form)
1-3 Tbsp water
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Tbsp coconut oil
– In a food processor pulse oats until finely ground.
– Add all other ingredients except the water and process until well blended and a “sandy” texture.
-Add water 1 Tbsp at a time until mixture is just moist enough to squeeze together and stick.
– Roll into small balls, place on a parchment lined dish and pop in the freezer for 20 minutes.
– In a small saucepan, melt together the chocolate chips and coconut oil over medium low heat until the chips are almost melted, but not completely melted.
– Remove from heat, keep stirring and using a spoon, roll the protein packed bites from the freezer through the chocolate.
– Place on Parchment lined covered freezer storage container.
– Place in the freezer. Move to the fridge 20 minutes before serving!
Oh, and they go really nicely with a little glass of red!😉🍷💃🏻