Oh my goodness, I love it when I taste something and the words “This is kick-ass!” come out of my mouth… out loud… in my kitchen… with no one else around! That is exactly what happened when I tasted the Cashew Coconut Milk Curry Sauce for this dish!
Eat the rainbow my friends! This dish is totally a clean foods “eat the rainbow” experience. I have used purple Cauliflower here (you do know that purple is the new green, right??) but you can use any color of Cauliflower that you would like!
There are so many colors, flavors and textures in this super easy, super delicious, protein packed vegan and naturally gluten-free dish.
This is an 8 minute meal at its finest! ??Great for when time is tight! It is packed with micronutrients to keep energized but not feeling heavy. The chic peas add a power punch of plant based protein as well as all of the nuts and nut butter boosting the protein content and then there is the cilantro… well, everything is better with a healthy dose of fresh cilantro!
This dish can be served hot or cold, as a main or a side, you can mix the dressing in or drizzle over the top! So many options! I love it!
I will skip straight to the recipe because my wee ones are about to get off the school bus and if I do not finish before then this little slice of deliciousness may never make it to your kitchen!
One head of Cauliflower
1 cup of chic peas, drained and very well rinsed
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup lightly toasted pistatios
2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
A handful of chopped fresh cilantro
Salt to taste
One raw beet root
- Rinse and chop the Cauliflower into chunks then add to a food Processor.
- Pulse Cauliflower until it is the consistency of rice.
- In a skillet, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and heat, add the Cauliflower Couscous and sautée on medium tossing lightly for about 5 minutes. You just want to take the raw crunch out of the cauliflower.
- Add cranberries and chic peas.
- Sautée for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish.
- Add toasted pistatios and fresh cilantro.
- Toss together lightly.
- Julienne or spriralize the beet root and the cucumber. Put to the side to use as garnish later.
- Top with the yummy sauce that you are just about to make!
- Garnish with the cucumber and beets.
- Really beautiful!
Cashew Coconut Curry Sauce
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup cashews pre-soaked
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 clove of garlic
1/4 tsp salt (more to taste)
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp sugar
Juice of one lime
- Place cashews in a bowl of water and soak over night. Or you can do quick soak by pouring boiling water over the cashews and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse cashews really well.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend, purée and blend away!
- Easy peasy!
- Drizzle over everything ?
I hope you like it!!!
Goes great with a glass of red!??