Immune boosting, clean eating delicious-ness!
‘Tis the season for super immune boosting! Especially if you are doing any traveling. We just travelled back to the states from Bermuda and it was as though we were traveling in a typhoid capsule! The hacking! The coughing! The sneezing! AND it was the first time that I did NOT travel with our supply of Juice Plus capsules and gummies that I ALWAYS make sure we have!! What was I thinking???
I should have stood up and started handing out my business cards! Can you imagine? “Hello everyone, I cannot help but notice all of you seem deathly ill, perhaps a health coach is what you need! Well, here I am!!”
Long story short, we got sick… all 3 of us! No fun… at all!!
Luckily, I am an immune boosting pro-active junkie! I bulked up our Juice Plus dosage, made homemade “fire water”, kids got elderberry syrup, echinacea and TONS of water, lemon honey tea and love. 3 days, done!
I also PACKED our diets with immune boosting smoothies and soups. Silver lining… I created a couple really rockin’ soups for you all to enjoy! Of course they are sweet, simple and delicious! Crock pot friendly for those on the go and can be frozen for future use!👊🏼 There you have it my friends! Taking over the world from my sick bed 😊🙌🏼🙌🏼
Super Garlicky Broccoli Soup
32 ounces of vegetable stock
4 cups of fresh broccoli florets (very generous cups! Or 2 medium to large heads of broccoli)
One small onion chopped
2-3 cloves chopped garlic
1 Cup raw cashews
2 Tsp Jane’s Crazy Mixed-up salt ( or your fave seasoning salt)
1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
- In a bowl, cover the raw cashews with water and set aside.
- Sauté the chopped onion over medium heat, in the olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté for about 3 additional minutes
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot, including onions and garlic but not cashews yet!
- Put the crock pot on low and set for 4 hours.
- When the crock pot has finished, drain and rinse the cashews really well.
- Add cashews to crock pot.
- Use an immersion blender to smooth soup or in small batches purée in your blender (let cool a bit first, if using blender and please be careful!)
I added cooked Quinoa and roasted chic peas to mine for serving. It can certainly be served on its own, with crusty bread or piled high with quinoa! So many options!
And a bonus Monday Mantra clip! Of course can be used any old day of the week!
Family fun run above! Yay!
Let me know what you think of the Super Garlicky Broccoli Soup!