It all started on a rainy, rainy day… instead of running, I pushed up my sleeves, tied back my hair and got to work in the kitchen. I was supposed to be washing dishes but instead I was dreaming about naturally gluten-free nut and seed bread… I left my post at the sink and started blending nuts and seeds into a fine powder and away we go!
As my new creation was baking away so nicely at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, my eyes wandered to the avocado on my counter and the chic peas I had out to make hummus… alas, I had new plans!
This is very exciting, I actually just said “This is kick-ass!” out loud… in my kitchen… by myself…🤗
– 1 cup ground gluten-free oats
– 1 cup ground walnuts
– 1 cup almond meal
– 3/4 cup ground flax Seed
– 3/4 cup ground pumpkin seed
– 4 egg whites
– 3/4 cup filtered water
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
– Lightly oil your favourite bread pan.
– Mix together all of the dry ingredients.
– Whip the egg whites until light and fluffy.
– Add the water to the egg whites and whip again for just a minute.
– Fold the egg white mixture into your dry mixture until well blended.
– Transfer to your bread pan.
– Bake for 50-55 minutes.
– Be blown away by deliciousness!!
– 1 ripe avocado
– 1/4 cup chic peas
– 1/2 clove of garlic (pressed or finely chopped)
– 1 Tbsp chopped red onion
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– Juice of 1/2 a lemon
– Freshly chopped cilantro
– Mash roughly the Chic peas with a fork and set aside.
– In another bowl mash together the rest of the ingredients.
– Add your smashed chic peas and stir until just blended.
– Top your Super Nutty Seed Bread with this deliciousness and find yourself saying “This is kick-ass!” Out loud… in your kitchen… by yourself!🤗